|Job Title:||Manager, Facilities Maintenance & Operations - Sunshine Coast/Powell River^.|
|Location:||Vancouver Coastal Health Authority|
Lower Mainland Facilities Management (LMFM) provides services to Fraser Health (FH), Providence Health Care (PHC), the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) and Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH), collectively, “the Organizations”. LMFM is a vibrant and dynamic portfolio and one of the largest full-service facilities management organizations in Canada. LMFM’s mission is to Create, Build and Sustain providing a wide range of effective and sustainable services to support the delivery of health care. LMFM operates facilities in locations across Metro Vancouver, the Fraser Valley and the Sunshine Coast.
Bring your strengths in problem solving, leadership & coaching, and technical expertise to a role where you can really make a difference!
As Manager of Facilities Maintenance & Operations (FMO) for the Sunshine Coast and Powell River Hospital, you are responsible for overseeing the daily operational management and maintenance of designated health care sites. You will oversee maintenance projects, emergency response, stewardship of buildings, planning and implementation, and act as the FMO representative for clinical clients and contractors.
Be part of a collaborative, dynamic team as you:
• Operate in a manner consistent with industry best practices ensuring a safe and reliable environment for the delivery of healthcare-related services.
• Establish and implement department goals, objectives and operational requirements consistent with the Organizations’ strategic and operational objectives; review current operations and develop appropriate systems and processes to ensure effective and efficient facilities operations.
• Develop and implement the annual operating and capital budget for the assigned site (s); monitor expenditures, variance analysis and reporting; and take corrective actions.
• Manage the recruitment, supervision, mentoring and professional development of assigned staff and contract employees.
• Investigate work and/or staff performance issues and initiates disciplinary action; participate in grievance process and other labour relation matters including Step 3 grievances, labour/management meetings and essential service designation processes.
• Oversee the development and continuous improvement of maintenance programs and appropriate use of the computerized maintenance management system.
• Procure, manage and monitor performance of external service providers vis a vis terms of reference and contractual agreements.
• Manage assigned construction, renovation and/or maintenance projects, including liaison with stakeholders and coordination of staff, consultants and contractor activities to ensure project requirements are met and impacts to facilities are minimized.
As the successful candidate, you have a diploma or certificate level training in an engineering/technical field (or an appropriate, related degree) supplemented with five to seven years' recent, related progressive supervisory and management experience in a large, complex unionized environment.
Your skill set is rounded out by demonstrated working knowledge of building systems, operations and maintenance practices in a complex, multi-site health care environment, as well as demonstrated working knowledge of appropriate legislation, relevant laws and by-laws, and provincial/national standards.
Consider this opportunity, and make a difference in the communities we serve.
careers.fraserhealth.ca | facebook.com/fraserhealthcareers
|Closing Date:||Open Until Filled|
|Hours of Work:||0800-1600|
|Program/Service:||Facilities Maintenance & Operations|