|Job Title:||Director, Capital Projects (FM)^.|
|Location:||Vancouver Coastal Health Authority|
Lower Mainland Facilities Management (LMFM) provides services to Fraser Health (FH), Providence Health Care (PHC), the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) and Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH), collectively, “the Organizations”. LMFM is a vibrant and dynamic portfolio and one of the largest full-service facilities management organizations in Canada. LMFM’s mission is to Create, Build and Sustain providing a wide range of effective and sustainable services to support the delivery of health care. LMFM has staff and operates facilities in locations across Metro Vancouver, the Fraser Valley and the Sunshine Coast.
Utilize your sound people, customer, innovation and technical talents and your senior capital project management expertise to support Lower Mainland health authorities as Director, Capital Projects.
As a member of the Capital Projects leadership team, you are responsible for leading a diverse team in the development and delivery of capital projects across the Organizations. This includes best project management practices: budget, schedule, scope, risk and quality control; contract negotiation and dispute resolution; staff development and performance; customer relations and satisfaction; Lean process improvements; and oversight of projects from integrated and collaborative planning through to construction and commissioning. You will also liaise with various levels of governments, agencies and community groups representing the Organizations' interests.
Key responsibilities include leading a capital project team to:
• Manage the delivery of capital projects consistent with the Organizations' long-range and strategic Master Service and Capital Plans which includes many diverse and complex major and minor new building capital projects, renovations, and infrastructure renewal and replacement projects for a wide range of customers.
• Work in an integrated and collaborative way with other LMFM departments to develop project plans (business, space, equipment, concept, energy, signage, etc.).
• Develop facility designs incorporating appropriate departmental layouts, space allocations, signage, way-finding systems and equipment requirements; create a financial and workforce plan for the capital projects portfolio; direct and supervise assigned staff.
• Work with Financial Planning, Strategic Planning, Real Estate, Facilities Maintenance & Operations, Environmental Sustainability, Executive Directors, Chief Operating Officers, Directors and Managers regarding project development and construction issues.
• Develop, plan and implement capital and operating budgets ensuring the efficient utilization of financial resources within objectives, plans and budgets.
• Provide capital project leadership within a dynamic healthcare environment on all facility designs, developments and construction issues for a multi-site organization comprised of many regional service delivery areas.
As the successful candidate you have a Master's degree and professional designation in a relevant discipline, supplemented by ten years' recent, related experience in progressively more complex and senior management, leadership roles in a large multi-site organization with responsibilities for managing the design and construction of facilities projects, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
This opportunity is based at one of LMFM’s Lower Mainland offices located near the Olympic Village Canada Line Station and the Broadway-City Hall Skytrain Station in Vancouver, B.C.
careers.fraserhealth.ca | facebook.com/fraserhealthcareers
|Closing Date:||Open Until Filled|
|Hours of Work:||0800-1600|