|Job Title:||Patient Care Quality Officer (PCQO)|
Bring your positive energy and commitment to quality in service and care to a role where you are a leader in establishing and maintaining effective relationships with our patients, clients and residents.
Reporting to the Managing Consultant, Patient Care Quality Office, and working closely with various Program Executive Directors, Directors, Managers and Medical Directors you will:
• Provide support in the management of feedback activities and collaborate with key stakeholders regarding complaints and concerns, supporting resolution of issues and ensuring these concerns are tracked for accountability and improvement purposes.
• Ensure a timely, effective and transparent process for complaints management and determination of follow up actions in response to patients/clients/residents and/or family care quality concerns, and to minimize risk exposure to the organization.
• Ensure avenues for patient/client/resident feedback are accessible, serves as a liaison between family and the organization and the community, assisting patients/clients/residents and families to know and understand their rights and navigate through the organization’s processes.
• Provides consultative services throughout Fraser Health on effective complaints management, promoting the use of a consistent process adopted by Fraser Health for use organization-wide.
• Participates in the integration of quality improvement principles by providing regular reports on patient/client/resident feedback.
• Utilize excellent judgment and conflict resolution skills in handling diverse and complex issues and communication in a sensitive and respectful manner.
Be a valued member of the dynamic and dedicated Quality Improvement and Patient Safety team.
As the successful candidate, you have a Bachelor’s Degree in a health care profession and three years’ recent, related, client relations experience including demonstrated knowledge of pertinent laws and legislation, including the Patient Care Quality Review Board Act, Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, the Evidence Act and the Hospital Act.
This is a temporary, full time position for approximately one year, located at Peace Arch Hospital in White Rock or Surrey Memorial Hospital.
careers.fraserhealth.ca | facebook.com/fraserhealthcareers
|Closing Date:||Open Until Filled|
|Hours of Work:||0800-1600|
|Program/Service:||Quality Improvement & Patient Safety|